Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Life-Saving Devices for Your Home

There are many things that we want to protect our family members from. We want to keep them safe from car accidents, premature sun damage, drowning in the pool or even slipping on a banana peel! Most of us go to great lengths to childproof our home and vehicles when there is a child on the way, but we often forget one of the most crucial items of protection that we can get for our homes: carbon monoxide detectors.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Carbon monoxide is a scary substance. This gas is odorless, colorless, and deadly all at the same time. While a healthy adult can stave off some of the effects, children, animals, the elderly, or those with compromised immune systems are often not so lucky. These individuals can fall prey to carbon monoxide in a relatively short amount of time, so time is of the essence when it comes to carbon monoxide.

When carbon monoxide starts to build up in the home, it can manifest itself through symptoms that are often mistaken for the flu or a cold. You might feel chills, have headaches, fever, and aches and pains. Some people have even reported feelings of dread or auditory hallucinations.

Everyone should have carbon monoxide detectors in their home. The number you need depends on the size of your home, but a general rule of thumb is one outside the sleeping areas of each level and one in the basement of your home.

At J Newton Cohen, we would be happy to install, service and maintain your carbon monoxide detectors. Give us a call today for the safety of your loved ones.